Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Still Nothing.....

It's been almost a month since my last blog. There isn't really anything interesting going on in my life but I'll do a quick update, just so i don't forget to keep blogging away....

1. Bill finally left for Oregon on the 16th of June. He left a BUNCH of his stuff and the house is still in complete disarray! My plan of getting it all cleaned up seems to have been put on the back burner in favor of doing absolutely nothing.

2. Nicole finished out her Freshman year of high school and her grades were great! She is now going to a voluntary summer school program for 4 weeks designed to prep the incoming Sophomores for AP World History next year. The worst part about this is that the class is being held at the University and it's a pain in the butt to get her there and back for the 9:00 - 2:00 class every day. Seems like all the stay at home Moms got carpools together and we couldn't find a ride buddy for Nicole. So she comes to work with me at 7:30, we leave work at 8:30 to take her to class and then I wait to take my lunch break until 2:00 so I can pick her up, take her home, and get back to work by 3:00. It's killing me in gas costs! Luckily we only have 4 days left after today.

3. Nicole is leaving on the 20th to go to Disney world for 10 days! She's going with her BFF and her family and I know she's going to have LOADS of fun!

4. My cousin Nick and his girlfriend, who were living in Portland, OR, are staying with us until the middle or end of August. They also brought their chihuahua. They're also vegan. Yeah....VEGAN! No meat, dairy, eggs not even HONEY! Haven't they seen The Bee Movie?? Do you know what happens when the bees stop making honey? The health of the whole world is at stake here! Anyway....they cook every night and have made some really awesome vegan meals. I can't complain about any of the cooking, it's fabulous! The only problems...I personally am an omnivore, as it turns out and my daughter has decided that she is Vegan. I'm pushing extra vitamins and calcium on her like a crack dealer. I'm also trying to convince her that she should switch to vegetarian when Nick and Rose leave because I NEED MEAT AND CHEESE! The chihuahua and my pit bull do add hours of free entertainment for us, however. That tiny dog walked into our house, laid down the law and the pit bull has obeyed her ever since. It's quite comical. My black lab could really care less about either of the other dogs and just wants to be left alone.

5. I cut off almost all of my hair, about 10 inches. I donated the bulk of it to Locks of Love I figured, since I'm quickly closing in on 40 years old, I just looked silly with such long hair. I really like it!

6. In 10 days I'm going to Vegas and I can't wait to have a 4 day weekend of fun with my friends! I'm so ready to have a vacation!! I've been working my butt off at work to get everything caught up by then.

I think that's all the goods on us for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment