Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving....

It's getting closer to the time that Nicole and I are going to have to pack up our house for the move. I'm dreading it. I keep trying to look at the bright side, that we will get the chance to declutter and start fresh. That we will have a smaller home, which seems easier to keep clean (at least in my mind), that we will get rid of all the things we don't need. But moving is such a stressful undertaking. I almost wish we could find the perfect house, move what we want to move and throw everything else in a giant dumpster and be done with it. I'm hoping to have a garage sale to rid of some things, and make some money for the move. I'll be donating a lot of stuff to Goodwill because I have a lot of clothes that don't fit me and if I were to ever actually lose the weight I want to lose, the clothes wouldn't really be in style anymore. There's no need to move them. I have some things I'd like to freecycle or give away and there are a lot of things that just need to be thrown away. Bill has taken most of his things to Oregon, but there are still many things in the house that belong to him that we have to either have him take, or have him store. I don't want to have a house full of unnecessary stuff. I want it to be clean and organized!

I guess the best we can do is start slow and move forward and hope that it all goes as smootly as it can.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad Bill couldn't take all of his crap and make your life easier, but I understand he worked for more than 12 hours one day to load a large trailer to the top (his third such trip). If you're making crap conditions of having HIM take it, or having HIM store it, you might find that some of the crap you wanted to keep could disappear too. Like that Sutter Creek pic. I thought he did a damn good job, but I'm a bit biased, because I AM him.

    ReplyDelete