Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm a Procrastinator

I admit it, I procrastinate.....BADLY. I have a tendency to think that I'm going to do things that I don't end up doing. One fine example is these 30-day "free trial" offers for various services on the Internet. I have memberships to so many things that I pay for every month that I haven't used since the first day of the "free trial" and yet, I don't ever cancel them before the end of the 30-days and I end up paying for things for months (or years) that I never use. Sure, I see them on my bank statement and when I do, I say to myself "I MUST stop that membership." I don't. Recently my bank was bought by another bank and so I received a new Visa/Debit card with a new account number. HA! That stopped all of those memberships. Sadly, it was by no act of my own that I now save about $85/mo.

That leads me to today's issue....a toothache. It's been almost six months since I last went to the dentist for my routine cleaning. At the time the dentist informed me that I needed to have one of my fillings replaced. I made the appointment and then something came up and I cancelled that appointment, with every intention of rescheduling. I didn't. Of course. And so, like the pain of the $85/mo I was giving away like I had all the money in the world....I now have a toothache in that tooth that I was warned about almost 6 months ago. Luckily I have an appointment scheduled for next week for my routine cleaning. Here's hoping the tooth can be saved because a root canal does not sound like fun. And I bet it'll cost me more than $85.

No comments:

Post a Comment