Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Preparing to be A Single Mom....Again

My husband is moving to a different state next month. My daughter and I are not. Weird, huh? We aren't getting divorced or separated (in the legal sense), we're just going to live in different states. It's going to be a financial and emotional stretch, but we can do this.

There are exciting things that come with this new life. Nicole and I are moving into a smaller house. We're selling our current house and she and I will rent something in the area so she can finish high school where she started. I'm excited about getting rid of some of the "junk" we have had in our house for the last 8 years. Moving is always a great way to purge the unnecessary stuff a family accumulates. I'm excited about eating more chicken and turkey and not having my husband beg for beef. I'm excited to be able to have so much one-on-one time with my daughter for the last 3 years that she will be living at home. I'm not worried about our safety, we have dogs that are better than any fancy security system.

There are also some scary things. Will we be able to afford everything we need and occasionally something we want? I mean, I have a teenage girl, the "wants" are endless. Will we be able to find a house that will allow us to have 2 large dogs? Will the neighbors in the new house be quiet and friendly?

Mostly I'm excited. Being a single Mom again is a little scary, but I'm looking forward to this special time with my daughter. I'm so lucky she's mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment